Thursday, June 19, 2008

Barker Reservoir, Utah

For the Father's Day weekend, we went up to the Barkers. We camped in the Gates Group site and it was pretty warm when we set-up. A nap in the shade was comfortable, though. After burgers on the grill, we went to Upper Barker and put our feet in the water. Then we went back for a campfire and marshmallows. On Sunday morning we hiked around Lower Barker and put our feet in the creek. When we packed-up, it seemed hot. By the time we got back to town we knew why: It was 97 degrees. The long cool spring was over. And so was the quiet fire season. The Corn Creek Fire was putting a big column of smoke over Escalante.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aorlemann/BarkerReservoirUT

2 comments:

Chelseyniebuhr said...

Hi, My name is Chelsey, I like your pics of Barker Reservoir. You don't know me, but I was wondering if you enjoyed the campsite or if you could tell me more about it, because we are looking to go down there for a family reunion next year. The main question I have is, are there flushing toilets? Were the roads bad getting there as well? Thankyou so much and have a great day.

Andrew Orlemann said...

This is a very beautiful area and I think the campsites are nice. The toilets are pit toilets. The road has a gravel surface and it is steep and narrow in spots. It is a pretty good road, though, as forest roads go.