Thursday, January 1, 2009

Escalante, Utah

We've left Escalante now. Our new place is at 200 East and 300 North in Parowan. But before we left town we were staying at Ms. Sharol's. She has a very hospitable house south of town just under the Escalante Rim. One Sunday in December, I noticed a couple of coyotes chasing the rabbits that Ms. Sharol likes to feed. They hunted one down in the rabbitbrush on the north side of the house until it got away when they weren't looking. They gave up on that one and circled back to the south side. I couldn't see them anymore, but the next thing I knew there were a couple of crows in the pinyon by the north side rabbitbrush. "They got one," I thought. After a while when the crows were gone, I walked down there and searched around until I found it. Nothing but a couple of tufts of fur and some blood in the snow. (And I thought food came from the grocery.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/aorlemann/EscalanteUtah02#

No comments: