Sunday, July 5, 2009

Midway, Utah

Valerie entered the Midway Art Association's Wasatch Plein Air Paradise competition this year(http://www.midwayartassociation.org/). She used the camper for lodging and we parked it at the Wasatch Mountain State Park. Ellen and I delivered her there (and picked her up). We also spent Saturday, the 27th, hanging around Midway. My, how it has grown. It was busy, busy, and busy. Of course, then we went over to Heber City and discovered what busy really looks like. Valerie said that it reminded her of Moab. I started drawing for her the nostagic picture I had in my head of Heber circa 1989. Back then, I said, you could get a haircut and a bad cup of coffee right on Main Street for about $4.50 total . . . and you could do it without being run over by a yuppie. (I sure am turning into a grumpy old man.)

1 comment:

keith said...

So now you can get a bad haircut and a good cup of coffee for $35?

The DR job in Heber City came open a few months after we moved up here and that was one of my top 3 locations. We're liking NH though, the yuppies all go back to VT or Nashua on Sunday afternoons.